For an extended overview of my scientific publications and talks please check my full cv.
Peer reviewed publications, first author and papers led by students
(*** denotes student supervised by me)
- Assessing JUICE’s ability of in situ plume detection in Europa’s atmosphere. T. Winterhalder*** and H.L.F. Huybrighs. Accepted by Planetary and Space Science.
Reply to comment on “An Active Plume Eruption on Europa During Galileo Flyby E26 as Indicated by Energetic Proton Depletions” (open access). H.L.F. Huybrighs, E. Roussos, A. Blöcker, N. Krupp, Y. Futaana, S. Barabash, L.Z. Hadid, M.K.G. Holmberg, O. Witasse. Journal of Geophysical Research Letters. 2021.
An active plume eruption on Europa during Galileo flyby E26 as indicated by energetic proton depletions (open access). H.L.F. Huybrighs, E. Roussos, A. Blöcker, N. Krupp, Y. Futaana, S. Barabash, L.Z. Hadid, M.K.G. Holmberg, O. Lomax and O. Witasse. Journal of Geophysical Research Letters. 2020.
- On the in-situ detectability of Europa’s water vapour plumes from a flyby mission.
Cassini-plasma interaction simulations revealing the Cassini ion wake characteristics: Implications for in-situ data analyses and ion temperature estimates. M.K.G. Holmberg, F. Cipriani, T. Nilsson, S. Hess, H.L.F. Huybrighs, L.Z. Hadid, G. Déprez, R.J. Wilson, M.W. Morooka, M. Felici. JGR Space Physics. 2021.
- First 3D test particle model of Ganymede’s ionosphere.
G. Carnielli, M. Galand, F. Leblanc, L. Leclercq, R. Modolo, A. Beth, H.L.F. Huybrighs and X. Jia. Icarus. Volume 330, September 2019, Pages 42-59.
- A search for Europa’s atmosphere and plumes in Galileo charged particle data. PhD thesis. December 2018.
Conference presentations by students supervised by me
- Assessing JUICE’s ability of in situ plume detection in Europa’s atmosphere. T . Winterhalder and H.L.F. Huybrighs. European Planetary Science Congress 2021.
Energetic proton depletion near Io: atmospheric charge exchange and inhomogeneous magnetic and electric fields. Christiaan van Buchem, Hans Huybrighs, Aljona Blöcker, Vincent Dols, Olivier Witasse, and Yamila Miguel. European Planetary Science Congress 2020.
- Impact of using a collisional plume model on detecting Europa’s water plumes from a flyby. Rowan Dayton-Oxland, Hans Huybrighs, Arnaud Mahieux, David Goldstein and Thomas Winterhalder. Outer planet moon-magnetosphere workshop 2020.
Submitted papers: 1
In preparation: 2